Best Cash Back Credit Cards
Do you want some money back to your wallet? Then Cashback credit cards are an effective way to earn dollars for everyday spendings. Unlike other credit cards that would give you points or miles to redeem, cashback credit cards help you earn real money. The rewards programs offered by the cashback credit cards is incredibly easy to understand.
They are simple to redeem and have a straightforward value. These cards provide higher cashback rewards and flat cash rates. After analyzing the three types of cashback credit cards – flat rate, tiered, and rotating categories. We have assembled the best picks that can put some money back to your wallet.
Best Picks For Cash Back Credit Cards
- Alliant Cashback Visa Signature Credit Card: The true cash back card
- Apple Credit Card: Best for IPhone Users
- Amazon Prime Rewards Visa signature Card: Best for Amazon addicts
- Blue Cash preferred Card from American Express: Best cash back for groceries
- Capital One Spark Cash for Business: Best cash back for business
- Citi Double cash Card: Best no-fee flat rate cash back card
- Capital One SavorOne Rewards Credit Card: Best for dining and entertainment
- Discover it Student Cash Back: Best cash back for student card
The true cashback card
Alliant Cashback Visa® Signature Credit Card
- A true cashback card that offers 2.5% cash back with no categories to track.
- Exclusively designed for high spenders with excellent credit.
- Rates as low as 11.74% APR
- Maximum cash back earnings will be $250 ($10,000 in qualifying purchases) per billing cycle.
- Pay with your Alliant Signature card and you’re automatically protected by Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver (ARCDW) coverage.
- When you pay for your trip with your Alliant Signature card, you’ll have $250,000 of free travel accident insurance.
- Your Signature card provides free 24-hour access to pay-per-use roadside assistance via Roadside Dispatch.
- Generous credit line.
Say adios to foreign transaction fees and bonjour to great travel benefits like emergency card replacement, emergency cash disbursement and concierge services.
Best for iPhone Users
Apple Credit Card
- Get 3% Daily Cash back on everything you buy from Apple.
- Get 2% Daily Cash back anytime you buy something using Apple Card with Apple Pay.
- If you find a store, a website, or an app that doesn’t take Apple Pay yet, you’ll still get 1% Daily Cash back when you use Apple Card.
- Apple Card lives on your iPhone, in the Wallet app. And that makes all kinds of new things possible.
- Daily Cash back. No points. No gimmicks.
- Apple Card doesn’t have any fees. No annual, over-the-limit, or late fees and the card provides interest rates that are among the lowest in the industry.
No foreign transaction fee.
Best Cash Back Card for Amazon addicts
Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Earn 3% Back at Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market.
- Earn 2% Back at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores.
- Earn 1% Back on all other purchases.
Best Cash Back Card for Groceries
Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- Earn 6% cash back at U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%).
- Earn 6% cash back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions.
- Earn 3% cash back on transit (e.g., taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more.
- Earn 1% cash back on other purchases.
- New Card Member offer – Earn $250 back after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. You will receive the $250 back in the form of a statement credit.
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months, then a variable APR, 13.99% to 24.99%.
- You can earn cash back every time an Additional Card Member makes an eligible purchase with their Card in the same way you do on your own purchase. Cash back is received in the form of reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit.
- Get access to a Year-End Summary of charges so you can review your annual spending.
2.7% foreign transaction fee
Best Cash Back Card for Business
Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business
- Unlimited 2% Rewards – Get unlimited 2% cash back and you could be putting thousands of dollars back into your business. Redeem at any time with no minimums.
- Add employee cards for free and earn all the rewards from their purchases.
- New card member offer – Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus once you spend $4,500 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
- Get cash back rewards for any amount at any time with no expiration date for the life of the account.
- This card covers you with with zero fraud liability if your card is lost or stolen. Plus, get automatic fraud alerts via text, email or phone call.
- Get a custom, itemized spending report to simplify planning, budgeting and taxes.
2.7% foreign transaction fee
Best No-Fee Flat Rate Cash Back Card
Citi® Double Cash card
- Earn 2% cash back on purchases – 1% when you buy and 1% as you pay.
- Earn cash back rewards on every purchase with the Citi® Double Cash card.
- Earn cash back twice on every purchase, wherever you use your card.
- There are no caps on cash back earned, and it all adds up fast.
- Balance Transfers do not earn cash back.
- Choose to receive your cash back as a statement credit, direct deposit, or check; or convert to points.
The Citi Double Cash card charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%.
Best for dining and entertainment
Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Earn unlimited 3% cash back on dining and entertainment.
- Earn 2% at grocery stores.
- Earn 1% on all other purchases.
- Rewards beyond 3% cashback- VIP tickets, five-star meals and beyond.
- New Card member Offer – Earn a one-time $150 cash bonus once you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
- 0% intro APR for 15 months; 15.49% – 25.49% variable APR after that.
- Rewards don’t expire for the life of the account, and you can redeem cash back for any amount.
- You’ll get additional warranty protection at no charge on eligible items that are purchased with your credit card.
You won’t pay a transaction fee when making a purchase outside of the United States.
Best Cash Back Student Card
Discover it® Student Cash Back
- Earn 5% cash back on everyday purchases at different places each quarter like grocery stores, restaurants, gas stations, select rideshares and online shopping.
- Plus, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases automatically.
Unlimited first year cash back match.
14.49% – 23.49% Variable
3% Intro fee on balances transferred by May 10, 2020 and up to 5% fee for future balance transfers will apply.
No annual fee
- Get $20 statement credit each school year your GPA is 3.0 or higher for up to the next five years.
- Get an unlimited dollar-for-dollar match of all the cash back you’ve earned at the end of your first year, automatically .
- 0% Intro APR for 6 months on purchases.
- Redeem any amount any time.