Best Travel Credit Cards
Traveling around the world has always been exciting! It is more exciting if you get great rewards where you can use it generously for your next travel with lots of perks. The travel credit cards come with eye-catching benefits including free checked baggage, complimentary airport lounge access, upgrades to business class and other upgrades, free hotel stays and free travels using the miles & points earned. If you are a frequent traveler, the travel cards can enroll you with their frequent traveler rewards programs giving you lucrative benefits.
It is imperative to choose travel cards based on your traveling habits and requirements. Bear in mind that travel credit cards come with high rates and hefty fees. So if you are bad at paying bills on time and carry a monthly balance travel credit cards may not be the right fit for you.
Best Picks For Travel Credit Cards
- American Express® Gold Card: Best for Big rewards on everyday spending
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card: Best no-categories travel card
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: All-around best travel rewards card
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: Best for frequent travelers
- TD First ClassSM Visa Signature® Credit Card: Best low-interest travel card
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card: Best for business travelers
- United℠ Explorer Card: Best airline travel credit card
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: Best for lounge access
Best for big rewards on every day spending
American Express® Gold Card
Rewards & Perks
- Earn 4X membership rewards® points when you dine at restaurants worldwide.
- Earn 4X membership rewards® points at US supermarkets on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit – Select one qualifying airline and then receive up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year when incidental fees, like checked bags and in-flight refreshments, are charged by the airline to your Gold Card account
35,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
15.99% – 22.99%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
$5 or 3% of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
$250 annual fee
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- $100 hotel credit, to spend on qualifying dining, spa, and resort activities.
- Use points to book your next trip on Amextravel.com. You can use Membership Rewards® points for all or part of your flight, hotel booked and paid in advance (prepaid hotel), vacation or cruise booking.
Best no-categories travel card
Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card
Rewards and Perks
- Earn unlimited 2X miles per dollar on every purchase, every day.
- 5X miles on hotel and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
50,000 bonus miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
17.24% to 24.49% variable on purchases and balance transfers
3% for promotional APR offers; none for balances transferred at regular APR
No annual fee
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit up to $100 every 4 years.
- New card member offer – Earn 50,000 bonus miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account.
- Use your Venture miles on flights, hotels and more – you can even transfer miles to any of our 15+ travel loyalty programs.
- If your credit card is lost or stolen, you can get an emergency replacement card and a cash advance.
All-around best travel rewards card
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides untill March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide.
- 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- This product is available to you if you do not have any Sapphire card and have not received a new card member bonus for any Sapphire card in the past 48 months.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service.*Same page link to Offer Details Activate by December 31, 2021
Best for frequent travelers
Chase Sapphire Reserve®
Rewards and Perks
- 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- $300 Annual Travel Credit – Automatically receive up to $300 in statement credits as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year.
- 3X Points on travel and dining worldwide.
- Get 50% more in travel redemption.
50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening — worth up to $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards
18.49% to 25.49% variable
5%, minimum $5
$550 annual fee
Best low-interest travel card
TD First ClassSM Visa Signature® Credit Card
Rewards and Perks
- Earn 25,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 within the first 6 billing cycles.
- 3X First Class miles on travel and dining purchases, including flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises and dining.
- 1X First Class miles on all other purchases – miles never expire as long as your account is open and in good standing.
Best for business travelers
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Rewards and Perks
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year – Travel, Shipping purchases, Internet, cable and phone services, Advertising purchases with social media sites and search engines.
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases — with no limits to the amount you can earn
100,000 bonus points- After you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening – that’s $1,250 towards travel rewards when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 towards travel.
- 1:1 Point Transfer to leading frequent travel programs.
- Redeem for travel, cash back, gift cards, experiences, and more through Chase Ultimate Rewards – your points don’t expire as long as your account is open.
- Get Employee cards at no additional cost.
No foreign transaction fee.
Best airline travel credit card
United℠ Explorer Card
Rewards & Perks
- Earn 60,000 bonus miles
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on United purchases, restaurants and hotels stays and 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Enjoy 25% back on United inflight purchases.
- 2 United Club one-time passes after account opening and on each anniversary** – over a $100 value per year
Limited-time offer! Earn 60,000 Bonus Miles
17.99% to 24.99%, based on your creditworthiness. These APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
$0 Intro fee for the first year. After that, $95
Best for lounge access
The Platinum Card® from American Express
Rewards and Perks
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 airline fee credit – Select one qualifying airline and then receive up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year.
- The American Express Global Lounge Collection unlocks access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries and counting
- New card member offer – Earn 60,000 membership rewards points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $5501 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® at over 1,000 properties.
- Uber rides – Enjoy $15 in Uber Cash for U.S. rides each month plus a bonus $20 in December1, simply because you’re a Platinum Card Member. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- Receive either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry or an $85 credit for TSA Pre✓®.
- Platinum Travel counselors specialize in providing custom itineraries and tailored recommendations to help you make the most of your travels.