Disclosure: We’re letting you know that this post contains sponsored links which Fast Credit Match receives compensation for, which may impact their order of appearance because talking about money should always be an honest discussion.
Black Friday is the biggest shopping event of every year. This year it falls on Friday 27 November
What Actually Is Black Friday?
Black Friday originates from America, and it marks the start of the post-Thanksgiving sales. Amazon brought the concept over to the UK in 2010 and it has since developed into the biggest shopping event of the year. Most retailers offer great discounts and deals where people can save a lot of dollars during the weekend.
How Long Does Black Friday Last?
Technically, Black Friday only lasts for one day – Friday. But, in recent years some retailers have chosen to extend sales over the course of a few days, and sometimes even for a full week. This year due to the pandemic, Black Friday is expected to be much different from the previous ones.
Black Friday Sale Predictions
We already told Black Friday will be much different this year!
- Big brands and retailers have started their sale as early as late-October.
- Retailers will encourage people to do their shopping online to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Still, there are in-store shopping happening and Social Distancing is the norm
- Approximately 45% of shoppers don’t feel safe shopping in stores this year.
- Black Friday savings will run for the entire month of November.
- Some stores will have their doors closed on the Thanks Giving day. This includes include Bath & Body Works, Bed Bath & Beyond, Best Buy, Costco, Dick’s Sporting Goods, GameStop, Home Depot, JCPenney, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Office Depot/OfficeMax, REI, Sam’s Club, Target, Ulta and Walmart.
Which early Black Friday deals are going on now?
Retailers have already started advertising several pre-Black Friday sales, and many of these deals are available now. Take a look at some of our favorites:
- Amazon is offering its Holiday Dash savings event now through Nov. 19, which offers early deals on fashion, home goods, tech, toys, and more. Don’t forget to check out the “Epic Daily Deals” every day.
- Dell will be offering Black Friday deals all season, from now until Dec. 7. It’s the perfect time to pick up a new laptop or desktop.
- Lowe’s will be offering a season of savings from Oct. 22 through December. Because we’re all spending more time at home, Lowe’s is offering deals on tons of home improvement essentials.
- Macy’s is allowing shoppers to view its Black Friday deals starting Oct. 27, with many of the items being available to purchase in early-November.
- Walmart is throwing three “Deals for Days” Black Friday shopping events between Nov. 4 and Nov. 27. The retailer is also dedicating one sale to cellphone deals and another one to tires.